Here’s the email -
If you are unable to read this email, then check full size image HERE.
The subject line used in mail is so well presented that we usually panic and open the email. So did I.
After that when I read full email, I got tensed that why my account was locked.
But I would like to thank Google Spam Filters, that made me a little more conscious and careful while reading this email.
Then I began to though why Google considered this email as spam and luckily my eyeballs went to the areas highlighted as (1) and (2) in the image above.
(1) used here is the name by the sender which is copied of PayPal so that receipt believes that the email is sent by PayPal only.
(2) used here is for the email ID from where the email has been sent. I saw that it was from Paypal-team.com instead of Paypal.com
This made me a little bit cautious and also sure that the email was trying to steal my personal information.
So luckily I was on the safer side and didn’t became the victim of the hacker. But now I would like to warn you all to stay safe from such type of emails.
Recommended Reading : Top 3 Ways People Get Infected by An Email Virus and How To Avoid This?
How to Keep Yourselves Safe From Such Type of Spam Emails ?
There are many ways you can easily keep yourselves safe from such type of spam emails, some of which are given below -
1. Don’t panic or get frightened when you receive such sort of emails. Act wisely.
2. Take a close look at both the sender’s email as well as name and make sure that they are correct.
3. While investigating more about this matter, here i have found one helpful pic for you from my Gmail Trash.
This is from the email that i received from PayPal. You can see that the email and name being used here are same. Also the email has PayPal logo.
Also Check : How To Avoid Cybercrimes on Facebook [Infographic]
And lastly, it has the name of Customer after Dear I.e Dear Inderjit Singh (My brother whose PayPal ID i am using) instead of Dear Customer like in the spam image above.
4. Don’t click on any sort of links within email as they might steal your personal info and result you in a huge financial loss. Also these links might contain harmful viruses or other programs, so its better to get yourselves a latest premium antivirus program.
5. So lastly I would like to suggest you not to respond to spam. If you receive spam, drop it unread.
Recommended Stuff : Benefits of Symantec Norton 360 Antivirus
And if you still feel that their might be any sort of error in your PayPal account, then logout yourselves from all email, social networking and other accounts and then manually visit Paypal.com and check if there is any problem or not.
So by adopting these 5 steps you can surely keep yourselves safe from such sort of spam.
Don’t forget to share it with your friends and try to keep them safe. :)